I don’t know if you have seen my Instagram photos of my favorite iced coffee or read my post about the International Delight Iced Coffee but yes that is my now favorite coffee. I went 3 days last week without coffee. It was rough let me tell ya. As I was shopping to restock my empty shelf of my fridge with my oh so good iced coffee I noticed that the International Delight Iced Coffee is now available in light! I can pay $3.94 for an entire quart instead of 1 cup. Not only can I save money from not buying my favorite coffee at the ‘Bucks I can enjoy it at 100 calories a glass. That’s 1/3 fewer calories than the regular ID iced coffee. The iced mocha’s from Mickey D’s are 240 calories so you can enjoy a glass of iced mocha coffee at home knowing you are saving money and calories. For me International Delight Light Iced Coffee isn’t just for drinking, I bake with it too. Who enjoys coffee and chocolate? Me! That’s why I enjoy these
Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
I bought 3 containers of iced coffee. These will last me about a week and a half maybe 2 weeks but usually it less than 2 weeks. You can find the International Delight Light Iced Coffee in the dairy section of your grocery store next to the milk. You can see more of my shopping trip in my Mama Bee Does Google+ album.
***There are 2 ways you can make these cupcakes- either from scratch or with a boxed cake mix. To use the box cake mix just replace the water called for on the cake box instructions with 1 & 1/3 cups of the International Delight Light Iced Coffee and bake the cupcakes per the directions on the cake box. You can use canned cream cheese icing on the cooled cupcakes and top the icing with sprinkles, chocolate syrup, crushed chocolate covered coffee beans or just leave them with only the icing on top. It’s whatever you coffee chocolate loving heart desires. The way I made the chocolate mocha cupcakes I have shown is with a different recipe, not from a cake box. I have made them the cake mix easier route but I wanted to share a different (more ingredients) recipe with you.
Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes with International Delight Light Iced Coffee
- 1 cup of softened (room temp) butter
- 1 & 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fat free milk (1%, 2% and whole work just as well. I only use ff for lower calories)
- 1/2 cup of International Delight Light Iced Coffee- Mocha flavor
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick softened (room temperature) butter
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 Tbs. International Delight Light iced mocha coffee
- 3 & 1/2 cups (sifted) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- For cupcakes:
- Line 3 cupcake pans with paper liners. This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes.
- Using the measured amounts listed for the cupcakes (not the icing), beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the 2 eggs.
- Next add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, milk and coffee to the mixing bowl and continue to mix with the mixer.
- Pour the cupcake batter into each cupcake liner about 2/3 full in each one.
- Bake the cupcakes about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and let cool about 10 minutes.
- Poke a hole in the center of each cupcake and drizzle 1/2 Teaspoon of the International Delight Light iced coffee over each cupcake.
- For Icing (Frosting):
- Using the electric mixer on low speed mix together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the vanilla extract and the iced coffee.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Once all the powdered sugar is added you can increase the electric mixer speed to get the icing light and fluffy.
- Fill a pipping bag with the icing and top each cupcake.
- Top icing with sprinkles, chocolate chips or topping(s) of choice if desired or just leave them plain with only the icing.
Thanks to the new International Delight Light Iced coffees I can enjoy my chocolate and coffee together and not have to worry so much about the calories. You can find International Delight printable coupons, tweet with @indelight on twitter and visit over on the International Delight Iced Coffee Facebook page for more information and coffee inspired recipes.